As things stand at this very moment Tesla Motors is the only auto maker that is solely an electric car making company. There current vehicle on the market is the Model S and they will have the Model X SUV out by next year, hopefully. As you know, Tesla is ATQS’s favorite auto maker. We just love the beautiful car, software updates and how it is a one of a kind auto maker. We have transport a few of these enclosed and we love when we have the opportunity. One company, though, is starting up and wants to take on Tesla head-to-head. The company is start-up Faraday Future, a company based out of California that is looking to create a full electric vehicle.
Faraday Future has 200 employees currently, but the top 5 come from some backgrounds that will make Tesla think about this start-up:
- Nick Sampson (He is the Product Architect) – He used to be the Vehicle and Chassis Engineer for Tesla Motors.
- Richard Kim (Head of Design Department) – Help created the BMW i8 concept and BMW i3 concept.
- Silva Hiti (Senior Director of Powertrain) – He used to be the lead Powertrain at Chevrolet for the Chevy Volt.
- Pontus Pontaeus (Exterior Design Chief) – He is the former Creative Director at BMW.
- Porter Harris (Batteries) – His background is from SpaceX
When looking at those 5 people and their backgrounds, they will be a force to reckon with in the near future. These guys have the talent to take Faraday Future into the future and could be the future of automotive design. It is not that the other members of the 200 employee crew are slobs, they are just not the head of the division. They will all be working on the all electric vehicle that Faraday Future is creating. The vehicle has been sketched out and we would like to think that it looks like a crossover/car blend. It is bigger and more lifted than a standard car, but smaller than an SUV.
The new vehicle that Faraday Future is working on is suppose to debut in 2017. That means that Faraday Future will be the second company that will be a pure all electric auto maker, besides Tesla. This company has high hopes. Their plant located in Gardena, California is the former Nissan Research and Design Building. They are also expanding to 300 employees by next year as well. Things really is looking bright for the adventurous start-up.